Thursday, January 24, 2013

Welcome 2013!

Whenever a new year rolls around, we naturally start thinking about our goals for the coming 12 months. We all have things that we have yet to accomplish and things that we would like to do. For this year, I have three goals in mind. My first goal this year is to scrapbook a picture a day. I'm one of those sentimental people who likes to sit around and look at pictures of places we've been, things we've done, fun times we've had. So for me that is something important. If you want to read more about that, you can see this post here on my other blog:
www.blog.littlepeaceofmyheart.com

My second goal is to run 1013 miles in 2013. Up until last year I wasn't a runner. Then last year I started running and was able to complete a half marathon in November. So 1013 miles is kind of a big deal for me. I like these goals. At the end of the year there will be no question as to whether or not I've accomplished them. I'm the kind of person who likes to check things off my list and these goals allow me to do that.

My third goal is not so simple. I want to eat healthier food. We don't have the worst diets on the planet. For the most part we make pretty good choices. But for this year I want to make more of an effort and I really want it to be a goal. So how do we quantify that? At the end of the year how do I know whether I accomplished my goal? Being healthy means different things to everyone. For some people it's about losing or gaining weight, for others it's about warding off disease. It could even be about optimizing your body to perform certain tasks like running, playing basketball, swimming or whatever your sport of choice is. For me it's probably some combination of all those things to a certain extent. I'd like to maintain my weight, be in good shape so I can continue to run, and give my body a good shot at living a fairly long life, free of chronic diseases. We'll see how it goes. I'll update you with our progress and talk about some of the things I believe will help me to reach these goals in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment